Syria intervention: on the brink of war?
Issued on: Modified:
The US defence secretary says all military options are "ready to go" when and if Barack Obama decides to strike in Syria. Douglas Herbert and his panel discuss how an intervention might be justified without UN Security Council backing and what type of military operation could be envisaged.
- Patricia LALONDE, Researcher, France's Institute for Prospective and Security in Europe (IPSE);
- Wilfried BOLEWSKI, Diplomat, Lawyer and Professor of International Law and Diplomacy;
- Philip STONOR, Former Deputy UK Defence Attaché in Paris;
- Philip CROWTHER, Washington Correspondent, France 24;
- Catherine NORRIS-TRENT, Journalist, France 24;
- Colonel Rick FRANCONA, Retired Intelligence Officer.
Programme prepared and produced by Douglas Herbert, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Isabelle Sarton du Jonchay
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe