Syria: where does Obama's decision leave France? (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
Now that the UK has voted down intervention in Syria and Barack Obama has elected to also brave the risk of a "no vote" by his own war-weary lawmakers, French politicians are left ruing their own constitution and the president's steadfast refusal to call a vote in parliament.
- William JORDAN. Former US State Department Official;
- Arnaud DANJEAN. French MEP, Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats), Chair of Subcommittee on Security and Defence (from Brussels);
- Laurent PINSOLLE. Spokesperson, "Debout La Republique";
- Douglas HERBERT. International Affairs Editor, France 24;
- Anne NIVAT. Independent war reporter.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe