Women and the Arab Spring (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
Are women in the Arab world more empowered now than they were two years ago? After the ouster of longtime secular strongmen in places like Libya and Tunisia, what policies and role exist for women? François Picard and his panel discuss more broadly the trends in Arab society.
- Celine BARDET, Jurist in international criminal justice;
- Lina Al CHAWAF, Syrian journalist;
- Sonia TERRAB, Author, Shamablanca;
- Reem ABU HASSAN, Jordan Minister of Social Development;
- Yusra GHANNOUCHI, International spokesperson for the Tunisian Ennahdha Party.
Programme prepared and produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Dheepthi Namasivayam and Christopher Davis.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe