US-Iran: time to talk?
Issued on: Modified:
After the firebrand days of Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, has Tehran turned over a new leaf? As diplomacy over Syria gets moves next week to the annual assembly of the United Nations in New York, Washington is playing down the chances of a handshake between Barack Obama and his new Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani.
- Dr. Hooshang AMIRHAMADI. Professor at Rutgers University. President of the American Iranian Council - from New Jersey;
- Nooshabeh AMIRI. Editor, ROOZONLINE.COM;
- Ely KARMON. Institute for Counter-Terrorism, Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) - from Raanana;
- Patrick CLAWSON. Director of Research, Washington Institute for Near East Policy - from Washington D.C.;
- Didier CHAUDET. Research Fellow at the Institute for Prospective and Security Studies in Europe.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Christopher Davis, Mary Colombel.
Watch the second part here.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe