What's Merkel's secret? (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
With nearly half the seats in parliament, Angela Merkel’s CDU seems to have the opposition SDP over a barrel as they enter grand coalition talks. She is no doubt a master tactician, but how much of a visionary will "Mutti" be should Europe falter further in her third term?
- Ingeborg GRÄSSLE. CDU Member of the European Parliament (from Stuttgart);
- Jakob HAESLER. CEO, Tinyclues;
- Ulrike KOLTERMANN. Freelance journalist;
- Philip GOLUB. Professor of International Relations, American University of Paris;
- Manuel MALEKI. Economist/Sovereign Analyst. Former Senior Economist, ING;
- Robert PARSONS. France 24's Chief Foreign Editor (from Berlin).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe