Italy Crisis: Berlusconi turns the tables
Issued on: Modified:
His supporters insist Italy’s latest political storm has nothing to do with Silvio Berlusconi pulling his ministers out of a fragile coalition, but either way, Europe is worried about the prospect of prolonged wrangling or snap elections. Will yet another institutional crisis further fuel the continent’s wave of anti-establishment sentiment? François Picard and his panel discuss what's at stake.
- Francesco SARACENO, Senior Economist, OFCE;
- Thomas FRIANG, Editor, EuropaNova;
- Valentin KREILINGER, Research Fellow, Notre Europe;
- Costas LAPAVITSAS, Professor of Economics, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS);
- Fabrizio BERTOT, MEP, Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats);
- Lucio MALAN, Italian Senator, People of Freedom Party.
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe