World Cup: Second thoughts over Qatar (part 2)
Date created : Latest update :
Qatar probably didn’t bargain for so much scrutiny when it landed the bid for the 2022 World Cup. But it won’t be stripped of the tournament over the brutal working conditions of its migrant labour, argue François Picard's panellists - not when both the Emir and FIFA seem above the law.
- Christian CHESNOT, Co-author of "Qatar: Secrets from the Vault";
- Cintia CARDOSO DELAUTRE, Brazilian Service, RFI;
- Tim NOONAN, Director of Campaigns and Communication, International Trade Union Confederation;
- Omar AL RAISI, Sports Columnist, The National; Local Organizing Committee, U17 UAE World Cup;
- Joachim BARBIER, Journalist, So Foot.
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis