US drone secrecy: Licence to kill?
Issued on: Modified:
Barack Obama's favourite weapon, drones, are coming under fire: Washington claims they're the best weapon to fight extremists, but allies say they're fed up and human rights point to the collateral damage: hundreds of innocent civilians killed. Cyril Vanier and his panel discuss the legality of drone strikes and their efficiency.
- General (Rtd) Dominique TRINQUAND, Multilateral Operations Adviser, Consultant and Expert on the United Nations and peacekeeping operations;
- Lanah KAMMOURIEH, International Law Specialist;
- Romain MIELCAREK, Associate Researcher, Institute for Prospective and Security Studies in Europe;
- Jean-Baptiste RENAUD, Journalist and Co-producer of the Documentary "Drones, la sale guerre d'Obama" ("Drones, Obama's dirty war");
- Scott BATES, President, Center for National Policy;
- Oiwas KHAN, France 24 Observer.
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe