French hostages freed: what's the deal ? (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
The three-year ordeal is over for four employees of nuclear power giant Areva, but at what cost? François Picard’s panel takes a closer look at France's denial of a ransom payment and whether sufficient security measures were put in place by their employer.
- Imad MESDOUA, Political Analyst, Mintz Group;
- Michael KIRTLEY, Journalist, National Geographic & Africa International, Independent filmmaker;
- Emmanuel DUPUY, President of the Institute for Prospective and Security Studies in Europe;
- Marion LISSOT, Lawyer for former hostage Pierre Legrand;
- Philomène REMY, France 24 Journalist.
Programme prepared and produced by Vittoria Pirone, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe