Suspect killed in counter-terror raid in Brussels
Date created : Latest update :
One suspect was killed in a Brussels raid Tuesday by Belgian police supported by their French counterparts. Four police officials were wounded in a gunfire exchange while two other suspects are believed to be still on the run.
- One suspect was killed during a Belgian-French counter-terror raid in the Forest neighbourhood of Brussels.
- Two other suspects are believed to be still on the run.
- Police encountered heavy gunfire Tuesday afternoon when the raid in the multicultural neighbourhood of Brussels began. Four police officials were wounded, according to Belgian officials.
- French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve confirmed that French police were also involved in the raid and that it was linked to the November 13 Paris attacks.
- Belgian prosecutors have denied reports that the subject of the raid was Saleh Abdeslam, a key Paris attacks suspect.
Follow the day’s events as they unfolded by clicking on our liveblog below: