As it happened: At least 59 killed in Las Vegas concert shooting
Date created : Latest update :
At least 59 people were killed and more than 500 were wounded after a gunman opened fire at a concert on the Las Vegas Strip. See how the day's events unfolded on our live blog below.
- A gunman opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival shortly after 10pm local time on Sunday night.
- The shooter rained gunfire down on the Las Vegas Strip for several minutes from his hotel room window at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino.
- The suspect, who police said was acting alone, has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock. He was found dead in a hotel room and police say they believe he killed himself.
- Police said the death toll may still rise. The Las Vegas attack is the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
- The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack. However, the FBI said the shooter had no known links to any international terror organisations.