A world confined: FRANCE 24 reports from Germany to Gabon
Issued on: Modified:
In the fourth edition of our new show "A World Confined" on the Covid-19 pandemic, FRANCE 24 brings you five reports from our correspondents around the globe.
- In Germany, we see how one company is working flat out to test people for Covid-19.
- In Russia, however, some tests are providing false negatives and showing the wrong results.
- In Afghanistan, after decades of conflict, the healthcare system in the capital Kabul is being hit hard by the coronavirus outbreak.
- In the US state of North Carolina, where 17 percent of the workforce has filed for unemployment benefits, protests have sprung up demanding that businesses re-open.
- And in Gabon's capital Libreville, the pandemic highlights unequal access to clean water, which is so important for hand-washing.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe